EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4.
ianw1974
2012-10-16 10:41:48 UTC
ianw1974 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ianw1974] created the discussion

"EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69234#69234

I've searched already, and cannot find any information relating to this, but I've made a clean installation of Zenoss 4 with SP1.  I'm now seeing the following error:

[code]Datasource: EC2Manager/zencw2 - Code: 3 - Msg: Unknown error code: 3]/code]

this device got added, but is generating this error all the time.  Do I need it?  Can I just delete it.  Obviously it existed for some reason, so I'd prefer to fix the problem than just delete the device.

ianw1974
2012-10-16 10:46:40 UTC
ianw1974 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ianw1974] created the discussion

"Re: EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69235#69235

More detailed error:

ERROR:ec2:EC2Connection instance has no attribute 'aws_secret_access_key' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/zencw2.py", line 301, in main() File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/zencw2.py", line 286, in main stats = buildCache(opts, stats) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/zencw2.py", line 246, in buildCache stats, mdict = buildData(opts, stats) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/zencw2.py", line 97, in buildData instances = getCurrentInstances( conn_kwargs ) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/zencw2.py", line 185, in getCurrentInstances ec2conn = boto.connect_ec2(**conn_kwargs) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/../lib/boto/__init__.py", line 113, in connect_ec2 return EC2Connection(aws_access_key_id, aws_secret_access_key, **kwargs) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/../lib/boto/ec2/connection.py", line 76, in __init__ https_connection_factory, path) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/../lib/boto/connection.py", line 498, in __init__ debug,  https_connection_factory, path) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/ZenAWS/libexec/../lib/boto/connection.py", line 184, in __init__ self.hmac = hmac.new(self.aws_secret_access_key, digestmod=sha) AttributeError: EC2Connection instance has no attribute 'aws_secret_access_key'

omeganon
2012-10-16 22:09:40 UTC
omeganon [http://community.zenoss.org/people/omeganon] created the discussion

"Re: EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69289#69289

Not a fix, per-se, but I saw the same thing and went to Infrastructure -> AWS -> EC2 and set EC2Manager prod state to 'Decommissioned.'

I'm not currently monitoring anything in EC2 yet...

--
Mrac

ianw1974
2012-10-17 15:00:09 UTC
ianw1974 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ianw1974] created the discussion

"Re: EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69303#69303

Hi, I did it a different way, by going to the template for this device, and then disabling the configured data source.  So now at least it stays as Production but green.  I'm not using EC2 either.

jshardlow
2012-10-18 14:11:32 UTC
jshardlow [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jshardlow] created the discussion

"Re: EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69348#69348

This is a known side-effect of having the ZenAWS ZenPack (which is installed as part of zenoss-core-zenpacks). For whatever reason it comes pre-configured with a device, which by default will throw an error.

The devs decided that it was better to have us delete/disable the offending AWS device rather then not include it (the device or ZenPack) in the first place! http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-2422 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-2422

ianw1974
2012-10-18 14:37:40 UTC
ianw1974 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ianw1974] created the discussion

"Re: EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69340#69340

OK thanks.  I've tried accessing jira, and registering an account, but don't have a login yet, so will see if I can take a look at that later.

kkearney
2013-01-11 20:52:03 UTC
kkearney [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kkearney] created the discussion

"Re: EC2Manager error after clean install of Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70956#70956

I believe that this has been fixed in the 4.2+ versions of Zenoss, resolved in http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-3087 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-3087

kells