Change /Server/Windows/8 Processors to higher
JackyChia Wai Kien
2011-11-24 02:05:20 UTC
JackyChia Wai Kien [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jacky.chia] created the discussion

"Change /Server/Windows/8 Processors to higher"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62806#62806

Hi All,

I had just upgrade my 2 Server "From 8 Core to 16 Core" and "From 8 Core to 24 Core".

I'm currently using Zenoss Core 3.1.

My Question is, the server ate currently running on https://xfer.newspage.com.sg/zport/dmd/itinfrastructure#devices:.zport.dmd.Devices.Server.Windows.8 Processors /Server/Windows/8 Processors and is there any way to change to https://xfer.newspage.com.sg/zport/dmd/itinfrastructure#devices:.zport.dmd.Devices.Server.Windows.8 Processors /Server/Windows/16 Processors and https://xfer.newspage.com.sg/zport/dmd/itinfrastructure#devices:.zport.dmd.Devices.Server.Windows.8 Processors /Server/Windows/24 Processors.

Thank You

Regards,
Jacky

dpetzel
2011-11-24 03:17:10 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Change /Server/Windows/8 Processors to higher"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62808#62808

Have you tried to re-model the servers? From the device overview page for the server in question, click the gear menu and hit Model Device.

The way you word your post, It sounds as though you might have seperate device classs for each qty of processors you have in your machines? If that is case create the new device classes you want, and then in the UI just drag the device OUT of "8 Processors" and into "16 Processors" or "24 Processors"