Check to see if Event Matches an Alerting rule in Zendmd
tcaiazza
2012-02-24 15:56:24 UTC
tcaiazza [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tcaiazza] created the discussion

"Check to see if Event Matches an Alerting rule in Zendmd"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64767#64767

I'm currently working on script where I go through all the events on our zenoss server and it will post them to pager duty (Why are we using pager duty instead of zenoss builtin escalation stuff, because I've been told to).  So far everything has been working fine, however I need a way see if an event matches an alerting rule.

I was hoping there might be something simple like

if evtObj.matchesAlertRule(ruleObj):

Anyone know if a function like this exsists?