"SNMP agent down - no response received"
HTF
2013-06-05 19:27:52 UTC
HTF [http://community.zenoss.org/people/HTF] created the discussion

""SNMP agent down - no response received""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73480#73480

I've cloned one of my servers and now I'm receiving this error message on the source machine, details:

CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
zenoss-4.2.3
SNMPv3

I've tried to re-install SNMP but this didn't help, is there any unique id or something similar tha I need to changed it?

Regards

nilie
2013-06-06 14:48:46 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: "SNMP agent down - no response received""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73515#73515

The scenario you are describing here is not very clear. All I understand is that you are running Zenoss Core v4.2.3 on CentOS 6.4 64bit but from here on there's a lot of information missing. Did you cloned the Zenoss server or one of the target servers (the one that is being monitored) ? Do you receive this message in Zenoss or on a target server ?

Chris Smith
2013-06-06 15:52:22 UTC
Chris Smith [http://community.zenoss.org/people/csmith] created the discussion

"Re: "SNMP agent down - no response received""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73528#73528

I was also wondering if all networking is working on the cloned VM? I've seen cloned Linux systems not work correctly due to the ifcfg for the interface being hardcoded for the old VMs MAC address.

HTF
2013-06-06 16:05:12 UTC
HTF [http://community.zenoss.org/people/HTF] created the discussion

"Re: "SNMP agent down - no response received""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73529#73529

Thanks for your reply.

I've cloned virtual servers (KVM) and I see this message in Zenoss. I've used "virt-sysprep" tool for this purpose so there is no duplicated MAC addresses etc. I've also tried to re-install SNMP packages but this didn't help either.

nilie
2013-06-06 18:41:14 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: "SNMP agent down - no response received""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73521#73521

Since you are using SNMP v3, check the engineID string.

Also from the man page of snmpd.conf :

[quote]

|    | engineID STRING |
|           | specifies  that the engineID should be built from the given text |
|           | STRING. |

|    | engineIDType 1|2|3 |
|           | specifies that the  engineID  should  be  built  from  the  IPv4 |
|           | address  (1),  IPv6  address  (2) or MAC address (3).  Note that |
|           | changing the IP address  (or  switching  the  network  interface |
|           | card) may cause problems. |

[/quote]