Zenoss 4.2 Core SP1 - Manufacturer column is always set to unknown in Software
David West
2012-12-31 22:46:30 UTC
David West [http://community.zenoss.org/people/davidrwest] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4.2 Core SP1 - Manufacturer column is always set to unknown in Software"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70753#70753

Seen on a clean install of Zenoss 4.2 Core SP1. Why is the Manufacturer column always set to Unknown in Software when modelling a Windows Server ?

If I run select * from Win32_Product, I can see the Vendor property contains the Manufacturer name.

Also .... would it be possible to also include the Product Version in the Software information ?  This can be obtained from the Version property when you WMI query Win32_Product.