zenoss custom report - using mysql database
murphybr
2012-01-12 18:51:39 UTC
murphybr [http://community.zenoss.org/people/murphybr] created the discussion

"zenoss custom report - using mysql database"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63712#63712

I have information stored in a mysql which the Zenoss user account has access to. Is there a way to call said information to create a custome report in the Zenoss Reports tab.

The said database (devicesDeleted) contains 1 table, DeviceHistory. The table consists of four columns: device_name, device_ip, deletion_time, user_deleting.  how do i set the colum paramaters to view the information from this DB and table?

dpetzel
2012-01-16 18:21:22 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: zenoss custom report - using mysql database"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63741#63741

Your question might need further clarification. Its unclear (to me at least) what your actually asking here. By the sounds of it you have already figured out how to STORE the data in mysql, so the mechanics of RETRIEVING it should be the same.

I don't have an relevant experience with writing custom reports that fetching from mysql, but perhaps if supply a more specific question someone with more exposure might know the answer.

Have you review the reporting sections in both the admin guide and developers guide?