Need confirmation on Zenoss 3.2 - Ubuntu 10 install directory structure
joeadmin
2012-05-01 01:47:17 UTC
joeadmin [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joeadmin] created the discussion

"Need confirmation on Zenoss 3.2 - Ubuntu 10 install directory structure"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66159#66159

Can someone that has a successful install of 3.2.1 on Ubuntu Server 10.4 please confirm a few things for me so I can figure this out.

Echo $ZENHOME gives me /usr/local/*zenoss/zenoss.*
Is that what you are getting?
I used a .bin Stack installer

Did the install give you a ZenPacks folder? I have none. ?????

If I load a zenpack the .egg shows up in products directory but does not load or issue an error code.

I have posted this issue elsewhere but in this post I am asking for confirmation that my system is either correct or wrong. I feel it is wrong because it is not working but I am not sure why it loads this way.

Thanks for lookng and helping.

Joe

joeadmin
2012-05-02 13:43:11 UTC
joeadmin [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joeadmin] created the discussion

"Re: Need confirmation on Zenoss 3.2 - Ubuntu 10 install directory structure"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66175#66175

Nevermind I switched to Centos and things are good. Ubuntu is fine but Centos was easier

themactech
2012-05-03 01:12:31 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Need confirmation on Zenoss 3.2 - Ubuntu 10 install directory structure"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66186#66186

I build all my zenoss servers on ubuntu 10.10 (thought I have some on 10.04), with zenoss 3.1.  I install from the stack installer with dpkg.  It runs fine.

Manuel