Zope not using zope.conf
kenhen93
2012-11-12 17:17:56 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Zope not using zope.conf"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69856#69856

I am running 3.1 on Red Hat 5.7 x86_64

I believe my zope instance is not using the zope.conf in $ZENHOME/etc because I receive messages in the event.log

WARNING ZODB.DB DB.open() has 8 open connections with a pool_size of 7

WARNING ZODB.DB DB.open() has 14 open connections with a pool_size of 10

I know the default pool_size is 7. I actually see that when I look inside DB.py ($ZENHOME/lib/python/ZODB).

I current have my zope.conf configured with

zserver-threads 20

<zodb_db main>
  mount-point /
  # ZODB cache, in number of objects
  pool-size 25
  cache-size 100000
  <zeoclient>
    server localhost:8100
    storage 1
    name zeostorage
    var $INSTANCE/var
    # ZEO client cache, in bytes
    cache-size 1000MB
    # Uncomment to have a persistent disk cache
    #client zeo1
  </zeoclient>
</zodb_db>

Has anyone seen this behavior before or has any idea how I could troubleshoot this? There seems to be no good way to monitor zope. I do happen to have ZopeHealthWatcher installed.

Thanks for any help