Monitoring Windows 7
Randy Santos
2012-12-05 17:46:43 UTC
Randy Santos [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rsantos12184] created the discussion

"Monitoring Windows 7"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70352#70352

Hello everyone, I added a Windows 7 machine to the WMI group.  I constantly get the following alerts.

2012-12-04 17:35:35,089 ERROR zen.CollectorCmdBase: Unable to scan device (IP): NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

zenwinperf|/Status/Wmi|3|Error collecting performance data: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Oddly enough Network Routes, File systems, Windows Services, interfaces and processors show up fine.

Is there a way to find out what exactly is not found?

Does anyone have Windows 7 monitoring correctly, Windows 2008R2 works fine.

alphasupremicus
2012-12-27 01:06:57 UTC
alphasupremicus [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alphasupremicus] created the discussion

"Re: Monitoring Windows 7"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70716#70716

[librpc/rpc/dcerpc_connect.c:156:dcerpc_pipe_connect_ncacn_np_smb_recv()] failed NT status (c0000034) in dcerpc_pipe_connect_ncacn_np_smb_recv
[librpc/rpc/dcerpc_connect.c:828:dcerpc_pipe_connect_b_recv()] failed NT status (c0000034) in dcerpc_pipe_connect_b_recv
[librpc/rpc/dcerpc_connect.c:971:dcerpc_pipe_connect_recv()] failed NT status (c0000034) in dcerpc_pipe_connect_recv
ERROR:zen.CollectorCmdBase:Unable to scan device spawn.meta-center.com: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
And I discovered other folks having issues with other technologies besides Zenoss getting this 0xC0000034 error until they started the Remote Registry service on Windows 7 then the error went away.

Well, lo and behold, my Remote Registry service was not running. I set it to Automatic and started the service and, voila, this Zenoss alert disappeared. Geesh - that was NOT easy to discover a solution for, but it's now fixed for me (I spent days searching for the root cause).

Randy Santos
2013-01-02 19:15:17 UTC
Randy Santos [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rsantos12184] created the discussion

"Re: Monitoring Windows 7"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70769#70769

You sir made my day.  The Servers have it automatically enabled while the workstations have it set to manual!

Thanks so much!