process monitoring via snmp vs ssh
texjata
2012-08-21 20:55:39 UTC
texjata [http://community.zenoss.org/people/texjata] created the discussion

"Re: process monitoring via snmp vs ssh"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68044#68044

I have been having an identical issue since upgrading to 3.2.  On my system, it occurs after every model of a server.  So, the server is modelled and the process monitoring begins alerting for processes down though they are clearly up. The modelled server will sometimes alert a couple times, clearing after ever run or it will continue the alert/clear cycle until zenprocess is restarted. I've set up a cron job to restart zenprocess every 4 hours (ug) and its not really applicable to send an SMS for them since the alerts are so damn unreliable.  I've also cut down on modelling from daily to weekly I'm tempted to disable it altogether and resort to manually modelling.

I post this sincerely hoping that someone replies with a "duh, do this!" response. :)