Windows destop monitoring of Zenoss
steve stoltz
2012-10-17 13:48:12 UTC
steve stoltz [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sstoltz] created the discussion

"Windows destop monitoring of Zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69299#69299

I have found ZenOps and its great for the IPhone but is there any software out there to perform similure tasks on windows, so be able to run some software that will monitor zenoss and all of its alerts and update you through the software in windows of when something has alerted or changed?

I am currently running Nagios with Nagstamon to give me a visual display of the status of my systems, I am just wanting to compare Zenoss to it and looking for some software simulare to Nagstamon.

Thanks for any help.
If I can find this software I will be switching to Zenoss, it has so many more tools than Nagios!

2012-10-17 14:17:54 UTC

"Re: Windows destop monitoring of Zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69300#69300

Your web browser?

nilie
2012-10-17 17:44:55 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Windows destop monitoring of Zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69315#69315

I doubt you could find such software, mainly because the graphical interface of Zenoss is technically way much complex and conceptually different than the GUI of Nagios & Sons.

steve stoltz
2012-10-17 18:20:02 UTC
steve stoltz [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sstoltz] created the discussion

"Re: Windows destop monitoring of Zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69327#69327

Thanks, I may try to make a light weight program, that will visually display the current status of what I am monituring and start flashing red if something critical happens.  Any other ideas would be great,  I dont want to have to leave a web brower up and keep rechecking it, I want something to alert me the instant it happens (I know it has emailing and txt messages but I want something different), perferbally visually so I can know if its urgent or minor and not have to be forced to check the browser.