nas/Disk monitoring
fisk4
2012-02-11 16:27:53 UTC
fisk4 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/fisk4] created the discussion

"nas/Disk monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64463#64463

Monitor disks
Hello, i need some advice of how to monitor the disks in my nas.
With snmp i can get temperature, status (up or down), disksize of each hdd, etc. I want to present this in some kind of table that shows different data for each hd.
Like this
How would any of you do this?

themactech
2012-02-16 20:40:54 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: nas/Disk monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64552#64552

The nicest way to do this is to create custom components for your device within a ZenPack, sadly that has been my holly grail on Zenoss and I have yet to be successful at it.  The best docs out there are written by Jane Curry.

Manuel

Shane Scott
2012-02-18 18:26:01 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: nas/Disk monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64577#64577

fisk4:

Manuel is correct, your best bet is to take a look at a zenpack that has a modeler and adds components to devices which collect from custom templates. Good examples of zenpacks that do this are the IPSLa enumeration zenpack, Bridge Mib zenpack, Windows Services SNMP zenpack.

* covers mouth and gags at the sight of nagios * forgot how much more unsightly it is than ZenOSS. :p

--Shane