Zenoss Installation on Ubuntu Server Issues
Gabriel Linero
2013-04-24 07:48:41 UTC
Gabriel Linero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gabriel.lb] created the discussion

"Zenoss Installation on Ubuntu Server Issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72957#72957

Hei,

I have recently installed Zensoss 3.0.1 in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

The installation was fine and I can log on to the webinterface. However some issues just happened:

- There is a problem with localhost: localhost||/Status/Ping||5|127.0.0.1 sendto error Host localhost and localhost.localdomain are both using ip 127.0.0.1
- I have added a device already monitored by another Zenoss server and it says that the SNMP agent is down, which is not and the community is set up right.
- After adding the Google API, and loggin off and in again, it just says that I cannot use it anymore.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Thank you!

themactech
2013-04-25 18:34:45 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Installation on Ubuntu Server Issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72987#72987

I can confirm that Zenoss 3.x.x works fine in Ubuntu as that is my platform for running it.  I will switch over to CentOS when I am ready to migrate my Zenoss deployments to 4.x.x

I have a rather long build recipe for my Ubuntu so I can't really tell which step fails in your particular scenario.

For example after installing mysql, I edit the my.cnf file to modify 'bind-address = 127.0.0.1' to the actual IP of the zenoss server, don't know if that is where you run into issues.

Manuel