Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT"
Marco Ruiter
2012-08-17 06:36:50 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67927#67927

Having tried Zenoss and loving it i'm begining to fill it with routers i'm monitoring on the internet.
Als goes well and there's lots of info when something doesnt work or when you don't no how.
Great Community ;-)

But now i'm running in to an error i can't find on the forum and don't know how so solve.

I now have 30 routers on 30 diferent locations set up in Zenoss.
But now the Google Maps Portlet gives when the counter hits 14 of 30 the error :

"Google could not process addresses. Reason: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT"

My first thought. The google maps rquest limit of 25k (I don't have that many mappoint yet but maybee through some error)
But that was'nt the case. The report says about 100 query's on the google page for the first two days of testing.

I see somebody mentions(but for a complete different application) that there is a limit of adresses you can send to google in 1 or 2 seconds.
Kan this be limited in Zenoss so there will be a small delay in geo looking up. Or does anybody know where this error coems from

Also, if i'm not mistaking . Zenoss should cache the adresses so it doesn't have to look them up all the time , right ?
Everytime i get to the dashboard it starts over again with lookip up 1 0f 30 2 of 30 until 13 or 14 and then the error.

I already dit al clear geocache in the Infrastructure menu and also restarted zenoss a couple of times

Any help is welkom, i'm setting this up to convince my superior to switch to Zenoss in stead of OpenNMS an Nagios ;-)

Picture of error is attached

2012-08-17 12:57:50 UTC

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67948#67948

I belive this is a known bug that is getting either a hotfix or will be addressed in 4.2.1 which is currently being worked on. 14 map locations seems to be the max with 4.2 release...

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-17 13:44:13 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67936#67936

I Guess that there is no ETA for the hotfix or when version 4.2.1 is getting released ?  :|

I'm verry greatfull for your answer , i've been looking true code and logfiles the whole morning if i could see where things could go wrong.

Shane Scott
2012-08-18 05:40:10 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67957#67957

Marco:

To my knowledge this has to do with the google maps query limits. I would double check the usage statistics on your API key from the Google Development API statistics page.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-18 05:46:58 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67971#67971

68 of 25000 so it will not be THE max limit.
Can IT be THE maximum query's for Lets say 2 seconds .? I see Some Posts on php forums for that.
But how and where can i patch in a deals, i'm no star in py scripts ;-(

Shane Scott
2012-08-18 05:52:30 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67976#67976

Marco:

Yes, I believe that's the case. The query rate is too high. After the addresses are initially geocoded and cached it should stop giving you this problem. How many addresses are you trying to geocode?

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-18 06:07:33 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67972#67972

I now have 50 adresses. but i also have a container with 14 and when i add 15 it starts
also geocaching does not seem to work. because i would think that the first eroor would cache the first 14 , second error until 28 and so on until i have all 50 dots on the map.
but i keeps starting at 1 of 50 and tries the first 14. ( i also get the first 14 dots on the map every time)

i did three reinstalls to check if i did something wrong. autoinstall script and everything manual.
all works great, no errors what so ever in de log book. except the maps problem ( but that does not log anything in the logbooks)

where is the geocaching beeing build up ?

Shane Scott
2012-08-18 06:13:45 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67977#67977

Marco:

I would have expected the error to go away after several tries. I sounds like it might not be caching correctly. Can you go to Infrastructure -> Highlight "Locations" -> Lower Left Gear icon -> Clear GeoCache and give it a few tries? If that doesn't solve the problem can you please submit a bug to the ZenOSS Jira?

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-18 06:18:17 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67973#67973

i cleared it many time ;-) also restarted zenoss several times. so the basics for geocaching problems is done.

also tried ie mozilla an chrome and different google api keys and complete zenoss reinstalls, no difference ;-(

will fill in the bug rep then.... ;-( 8P

Shane Scott
2012-08-18 06:19:45 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67978#67978

Marco:

No worries, this will get fixed quickly. :)

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-18 12:56:07 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67974#67974

Bug registerd under
. http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-3114 ZEN-3114

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-18 12:56:16 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67975#67975

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-18 12:56:33 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67991#67991

Bug registerd under Zen-3114

Thx Shane

merlord
2012-08-20 18:08:35 UTC
merlord [http://community.zenoss.org/people/merlord] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68031#68031

Maybe you are interested that we have the same behavior with only 7 locations.

Greetings,

Uwe

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-20 18:19:06 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68032#68032

hello merlord,

thx for replying to the thread. I got a couple of privates mails from people all with the same problem.
Different number but same problem. it seems to be the speed zenoss requests the mappoints / geodata.
(so a faster connection to google maps is a lower number at where the error comes)

i ask them to also post in this thread so the developers will see the importance of the broken map portlet.
they did not do this yet..... ;-(

i also made a bug report in jira but no comment from dev either. but it's holiday time and it was weekend ;-)
hope for a quick hotfix because the map portlet is a importent portlet so oversee regional problems develop.

to bad i'm no .py men. i dont even know where to start.....

merlord
2012-08-21 19:21:00 UTC
merlord [http://community.zenoss.org/people/merlord] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68041#68041

Maybe i figured it out. There is the file geomap.js under /zenoss/Products/ZenWidgets/skins/zenui/javascript. Make a backup. Go to Line 202 and change the Timeout from 200 to 1000. Go to Line 232 and do the same. Save the file, clear all caches in your Browser and reload the page. Rendering the content on the portlet is now slower, but on my installation works.

Give it a try.

Greetings

Uwe

Shane Scott
2012-08-22 18:23:10 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68081#68081

Nice find.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

tyler.treat
2013-02-01 19:19:49 UTC
tyler.treat [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tyler.treat] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71352#71352

I'm at 10 devices, and am still getting the error after trying this fix.....

Miguel Veiga
2013-06-19 15:04:51 UTC
Miguel Veiga [http://community.zenoss.org/people/MeGaBeSuNTa] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73673#73673

That FIX is not working for me
Im using Zenoss 4.2.3 and by default geomap.js in 4.2.3 brings the first value as 2000 and the second one 400.
Anyway, not working and the bug still persists

tyler.treat
2013-06-19 15:11:05 UTC
tyler.treat [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tyler.treat] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73656#73656

Yeah, seems like no one is really concerned about this one
.

Miguel Veiga
2013-06-19 15:14:47 UTC
Miguel Veiga [http://community.zenoss.org/people/MeGaBeSuNTa] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73674#73674

I just would like to have a temporary fix because im having a presentation im my company about Zenoss, that im trying to convince them to acquire and i would like to present this feature

Zev Mo Green
2013-06-19 15:29:40 UTC
Zev Mo Green [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zevmo] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73675#73675

The temporary fix is to replace the addresses with the coordinates instead.  That way it only renders, not generate the address on the map.  This is easy http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html It doesn't fix the refresh of the render, but it solves the error.

Luis Oliveira
2013-06-19 15:31:04 UTC
Luis Oliveira [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kulamusic] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73676#73676

im having the same problem that you, already asked to make an presentation and i can't do it with this problem solved.

Zev Mo Green
2013-06-19 17:54:41 UTC
Zev Mo Green [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zevmo] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73677#73677

Did my workaround fix your issue?

Keith Gates
2013-06-19 19:00:34 UTC
Keith Gates [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kgates] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73657#73657

I tried puting the lat and long for my site and it works now.

Thanks

Marco Ruiter
2012-08-21 20:04:07 UTC
Marco Ruiter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mruiter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68062#68062

Hello Merlord,

You rock, this solves the problem.
Map completly loader and also caches now. YOU ROCK !!

I'll put your solution in the jira bug report for the devs so they can fix it quick.
I'm now using 500 instead of 1000. It works on my connection and the maps load a bit faster

Thanks

sapofeo
2012-09-13 13:42:37 UTC
sapofeo [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sapofeo] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68547#68547

Made the change to 1000 but now I get a "Google could not process addresses. Reason: ZERO_RESULTS" trying to read location 101 out of 123.  System was upgraded and map worked previously on 3.x.  Anyone else seeing this issue?  Is there maybe a 100 location cap?  Unlike the orignal Query Limit error, this one happens at 101 every time.

Wade Gibson
2012-09-25 13:28:12 UTC
Wade Gibson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wade.gibson] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68710#68710

I ran into this issue as well.  I got the OVER_QUERY_LIMIT error after it had geocoded 13 locations.  I changed the geomap.js file as suggested, and now it is geocoding the rest of the locations fine.  However, now it geocodes every single time I load the Dashboard.  It's like the cache is not building.  I've cleared the cache, rebooted, tried 200, 500, and 1000 values in the geomap.js.  I'm on the version 4.2.1 which I installed on CentOS 6 using the autodeploy script last week.  I only have 16 locations it's geocoding at the moment.  Any ideas?  .....I'm glad I still have a separate install of 3.x that's working.

Wade Gibson
2012-09-25 13:34:56 UTC
Wade Gibson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wade.gibson] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68728#68728

Correction - I am on 4.2.0.  I'm applying SP1 now which appears to have fixes for this.

Wade Gibson
2012-09-25 13:45:41 UTC
Wade Gibson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wade.gibson] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68741#68741

Just applied SP1.  Addresses are still geocoding each and every time I load the Dashboard.  I notice in SP1 they set the geomap.js values to 2000.

Wade Gibson
2012-09-26 18:19:27 UTC
Wade Gibson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wade.gibson] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68734#68734

I've done some more testing - I still can't get Zenoss 4.2.0 SP1 to cache any of my geocoded locations (wants to gecode everytime).  In my troubleshooting I re-enabled the configuration property for "ZDrawMapLinks".  I normally have this set to off, as my map gets really busy with all of the EIGRP routes.

Anyhow, I turned it on, and the Markers all geocoded, but when it started to draw the poly lines it drew 2 lines, then I got the OVER_QUERY_LIMIT error.  I went into geomap.js and doubled the overlay.addPolyline value from 2000 to 4000.  It still would only draw 2 link lines before erroring.  Anyhow, I've turned ZDrawMapLinks back off, and I'm still having the issue with the system not caching the geocoded location markers.

Pete Starnes
2012-10-01 01:44:19 UTC
Pete Starnes [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pstarnes] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68805#68805

I have the same issue here.  Running 4.2.0 SP 1.  I have 10 locations and when I try to enable the links I get a Query Over Limit error when it reports Geocoding the 10th location.  If I drop the links down to 1 problem goes away.

I can confirm that it geocodes the locations on every refresh here as well.

Luis Oliveira
2013-01-04 12:31:37 UTC
Luis Oliveira [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kulamusic] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70812#70812

do you get around this issue? i'm having the same problem :( i have 20 different adresses

Wade Gibson
2013-01-04 13:58:41 UTC
Wade Gibson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wade.gibson] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70802#70802

No, still waiting on a patch.

Wade Gibson
2012-10-17 15:17:55 UTC
Wade Gibson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wade.gibson] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69295#69295

Still can't seem to get the geocode cache to work correctly.  We run this on a rotating screen in our NOC and having it re-geocode all locations on each refresh is just not going to work.  I'm still running a 3.x install for production until this is resolved.  I can't imagine this is affecting all 4.2.0 SP1 installs.

Pete Starnes
2012-10-17 15:20:27 UTC
Pete Starnes [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pstarnes] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69304#69304

I can say it is a major problem for us as well.  Not only with the refreshing but the inability to add links because after the 2 link I get an over query limit error.

Pete

Shane Scott
2012-10-17 15:29:55 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69305#69305

Solution coming soon!

http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-2399 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-2399
http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-2688 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-2688

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Wade Gibson
2012-10-17 15:32:13 UTC
Wade Gibson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wade.gibson] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69311#69311

Thanks for the update Shane.  I look forward to the patch!

sistemas@begar.es
2013-05-27 16:57:43 UTC
***@begar.es [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sistemas%40begar.es] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73335#73335

Same probloem with zenoss 4.2.3
any solution?

Zev Mo Green
2013-06-07 13:00:15 UTC
Zev Mo Green [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zevmo] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73524#73524

Still problematic.  Any update on this? Is it fixed in 4.2.4 beta?

Emocke
2013-07-31 10:15:39 UTC
Emocke [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Emocke] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74239#74239

I have experienced the same issue, but seems to managed to get this resolved.
I have about 90+ sites and also go the same geocoding issue.

I have increased the time limitations on the file as per previous comment. And this still dit not work
I did use co-ordinates and this also did not work

My last change was to change"Drawmaplinks" to *false.*
This can be found under: *Infrastructure -networks- configuration properties
*
Now i can see all my sites. It still does take a while before displaying all of them.

It been running for 30 minutes without issues. So hold thumbs this is a solution we all can use.

Zev Mo Green
2013-07-31 16:21:35 UTC
Zev Mo Green [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zevmo] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74243#74243

I put a fresh 4.2.4 install up, imported all the locations using only coordinates, and the geocode issue has returned.  The network draw workaround didn't work for me.  Any other ideas?

Zev Mo Green
2013-07-31 16:45:50 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74244#74244

Used the new geomap.js in http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-4786 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-4786 and now only renders, rather than geocode each time.

Fadjar Tandabawana
2013-09-18 11:36:20 UTC
Fadjar Tandabawana [http://community.zenoss.org/people/fadjar340] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74694#74694

Hi Emocke,

your solution works for me using 4.2.4 upgraded version from 4.2.3.
Just the link missing, I think there a bug concerning the links rendering...

Regards,
Fadjar Tandabawana

Emocke
2013-09-18 11:38:27 UTC
Emocke [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Emocke] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 Maps Portlet error "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74695#74695

That is good news