Zenpack conversion from 2.4 to 3.0
Keith Howlette
2011-10-16 12:33:35 UTC
Keith Howlette [http://community.zenoss.org/people/khowlette] created the discussion

"Zenpack conversion from 2.4 to 3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61901#61901

I have a number of performance templates I've created and have added them to a Zenpack in my Zenoss 2.4 version.  I've seen some PDF about conversion to 3.0 but they all look a bit complicated.  Are there any ways to easily convert a Zenpack so I can load it into version 3.0

Thanks

Keith

2011-10-17 12:20:11 UTC

"Re: Zenpack conversion from 2.4 to 3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61906#61906

Well, it depends. For basic perf templates (i.e. no GUI changes or included daemons) you can likely just take any -2.4 out of the name, and install them AS-IS....

Information Technology Area Supervisor

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 02:51:07 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenpack conversion from 2.4 to 3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61955#61955

Keith Howlette:

Event, templates, reports, and modeler plugins generally need little updating. Web UI items, menus and custom datasources, on the other hand, require substantial updating.

What pack are you looking to update?

Best,
--Shane W. Scott(Hackman238)
  ZCA - http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog

Keith Howlette
2011-10-19 07:40:31 UTC
Keith Howlette [http://community.zenoss.org/people/khowlette] created the discussion

"Re: Zenpack conversion from 2.4 to 3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61941#61941

Hi
One was performance template for a server room temperature montior which I used snmp to get the 4 probe temperatures.  Then created some thresholds so nothing fancy.  I did create a ZenPack exported it and tried to import to version 3.2 but just got and error.  I think James Pulver says remove the 2.4 reference, but is that just in the filename of the egg file.

I created another performance template for Dell switch to montior temperature, but I had issues with the snmp so I wrote a bash scripts which did a login to the switch via telent and used expect to get the temperate after issuing a few commands.  I created 2 scripts for that.  Will those scripts be added to the Zenpack when I create it or do I need to do some extra work.

Thanks

Keith

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 07:46:17 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenpack conversion from 2.4 to 3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61966#61966

Keith Howlette:

If I'm understanding correctly the tests are just templates. In this case you'll need to change very little.  Jmp242 is correct, you'll need to rename your pack. Rename from ZenPacks.Product.Name-1.0.0-py2.4.egg to ZenPacks.Product.Name-1.0.0-py2.6.egg otherwise on ZenPack installation you'll receive a pypy blocked error.

Let me know if this works for you.

Keith Howlette
2011-10-20 10:18:20 UTC
Keith Howlette [http://community.zenoss.org/people/khowlette] created the discussion

"Re: Zenpack conversion from 2.4 to 3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62026#62026

Hi Shane

Thanks it worked

Keith