Unable to organize MIBs into Subfolder - Zenoss 4
Voorhees
2012-08-14 14:22:27 UTC
Voorhees [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Voorhees] created the discussion

"Unable to organize MIBs into Subfolder - Zenoss 4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67820#67820

I have a brand new install of Zenoss Core 4 (CentOS 6.3 x86_64) - I am loading the MIBs that come in the iana, ietf, irtf, site, tubs folders. Once loaded and showing up in the MIB section in the webUI ( http:// http://<serverip>:8080/zport/dmd/mibs#mibtree:/zport/dmd/Mibs). I try to move one of these mibs into a suborganizer folder - it appears to go in - but when i navigate away from and come back - or refresh the page - the MIB appears back on the root under mibs again and not actually in the folder. Any thoughts?

I've tried restarting zenoss.

John Greenfield
2012-08-16 01:41:24 UTC
John Greenfield [http://community.zenoss.org/people/TonicT] created the discussion

"Re: Unable to organize MIBs into Subfolder - Zenoss 4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67875#67875

I had the same problem; what you can do, which I believe is easier anyway, is append the path to the end of the command zenmib. For example, change to the IETF folder and run the command:

+*zenmib run * --path=/IETF*+ (make sure you have the IETF container already created)

All of the MIBS will load under the IETF container which saves you manually moving them (which doesn't work anyway).

Voorhees
2012-08-16 13:02:34 UTC
Voorhees [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Voorhees] created the discussion

"Re: Unable to organize MIBs into Subfolder - Zenoss 4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67903#67903

Definetly easier! Thanks a lot works great.