Where to configure this event?
Adam Hosier
2012-09-12 16:49:06 UTC
Adam Hosier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ahosier] created the discussion

"Where to configure this event?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68525#68525

I have looked everywhere that i could think of for many weeks trying to find the setting for this. Maybe it isn't possible to change it. Thats why I am here today to see if someone may know where i can change it so that it isn't so sensitive for the warning message.

Thank you for any help.

HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found - 281 bytes in 0.003 second response time

jshardlow
2012-09-14 12:38:05 UTC
jshardlow [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jshardlow] created the discussion

"Re: Where to configure this event?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68573#68573

I would think that such a message would come from something like the HttpMonitor ZenPack if you've got it installed.

That aside it looks like whatever is doing the check has been given a URL to look at, and maybe some text on that page to check. It's not finding the page/site and is throwing a typical 404 error.

Adam Hosier
2012-09-14 14:37:37 UTC
Adam Hosier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ahosier] created the discussion

"Re: Where to configure this event?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68581#68581

Thank you. I have checked the Zenpacks. I was not able to see where to adjust it through the application. It
says it is a Status/Web event which I think is the ZenWinPerf zenpack, not sure though. As you can see in
the pic I attached, it is a major problem. Loading Image... Loading Image...

This keeps stalling too.

jshardlow
2012-09-14 15:00:46 UTC
jshardlow [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jshardlow] created the discussion

"Re: Where to configure this event?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68582#68582

I assume the setting would be in a template somewhere, though I'm not sure which ZenPack would have provided it.

If these alerts are for a particular box then it's probably a template associated with that box. If it's coming from the Zenoss server itself, then I suspect it's complaining that it can't run something. You may be able to get some more info from looking at the logs, they may indicate what is throwing out the error.

In your 2nd screenshot, zenwinperf is referring to the Zenoss daemon, not an actual ZenPack. You may want to look in the zenwinperf log to see if it's throwing any error if it is not happy. Maybe switch the logging to debug to see if it throws any errors?

jcurry
2012-09-16 18:18:14 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Where to configure this event?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68602#68602

I think these events are generated either by the Apache ZenPack or the HttpMonitor ZenPack (I simply grep'ed for /Status/Web through all files, starting from $ZENHOME/ZenPacks).  It looks like it is an event hardcoded into the datasource of those ZenPacks.

As jshardlow says, you are trying to web-monitor devices that are not responding.

Cheers,
Jane

Adam Hosier
2012-09-17 14:30:41 UTC
Adam Hosier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ahosier] created the discussion

"Re: Where to configure this event?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68622#68622

Ok, so I found where the problem was. Someone for some reason put a http monitor in the wrong spot. As seen in the pics. They put it in the WMI template. Thanks everyone for your help.