Zenoss 4.2 OID is invalid but works at the command line
OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-24 19:44:13 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4.2 OID is invalid but works at the command line"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68144#68144

So I have some custom OID's that I use to query Postfix through SNMP. On Zenoss 3.2.1 it was working just fine. Now work Zenoss 4.2, in the Events section for the 2 postfix servers I am using it for it's saying the OID is invalid.

mail1.domain.local|/zport/dmd/Devices/Server/Linux/Postfix/rrdTemplates/Postfix/datasources/postfixQueue|/Status/Snmp|2|The OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.3.2.3.1.1.12.112.111.115.116.102.105.120.81.117.101.117.101 is invalid -- ignoring

BUT works at the CLI just fine, no errors.

[***@zenoss1 log]$ snmpwalk -c public -v2c mail1 1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.3.2.3.1.1.12.112.111.115.116.102.105.120.81.117.101.117.101
NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendOutput1Line."postfixQueue" = STRING: 211

Ideas? Bug?

2012-08-24 20:22:57 UTC

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 OID is invalid but works at the command line"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68122#68122

Always test with snmpget ... if that works then ... weird, IDK...

OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-25 13:26:04 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 OID is invalid but works at the command line"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68124#68124

Same results.

[***@zenoss1 ~]# snmpget -c public -v2c mail1 1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.3.2.3.1.1.12.112.111.115.116.102.105.120.81.117.101.117.101
NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendOutput1Line."postfixQueue" = STRING: 201

OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-27 15:45:53 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 OID is invalid but works at the command line"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68155#68155

So what's interesting is that even when I went into the Monitoring Template and put my device name in and ran it there, it worked just fine.

So I remove the OID and disabled that Data Source and when I pasted the OID into notepad I noticed it had a space at the end of it.

I put the OID back in, removed the space and enabled the data source again.

Wala! Works. Stupid space at the end was the problem the whole time!!!

Just waiting for my graph to fill in now with the correct data and I'll mark this as resolved.