Error received when Modeling Cisco Switches & some Linux Servers
Tom McCarthy
2012-03-05 19:49:52 UTC
Tom McCarthy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tjmc1962] created the discussion

"Error received when Modeling Cisco Switches & some Linux Servers"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64925#64925

Good Afternoon All,
I receive the error below when I attempt to model several of my Cisco Switches & a few of my Linux Servers. Not sure as to the why as the other pieces model just fine. Thank you for any insight you may provide.

Tom McCarthy

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUI3/browser/streaming.py", line 44, in __call__
    self.stream()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUI3/browser/command.py", line 144, in stream
    device.collectDevice(REQUEST=self.request, write=self.write)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/Device.py", line 1824, in collectDevice
    perfConf.collectDevice(self, setlog, REQUEST, generateEvents,
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'collectDevice'

Le Dude
2012-03-29 04:08:12 UTC
Le Dude [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ledude] created the discussion

"Re: Error received when Modeling Cisco Switches & some Linux Servers"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65589#65589

I have this same error also except it's for my linux box which is made it to be part of the VMWare zenpack.  Any thought anyone?

Robert Booth
2012-04-01 03:41:29 UTC
Robert Booth [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rbooth] created the discussion

"Re: Error received when Modeling Cisco Switches & some Linux Servers"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65672#65672

Tom,

Can you provide a list of Modeler Plugins you have configured for these two different device types?

-Rob