Just sharing another script with you guys, Monitoring HTTP Codes..
linuxdynasty
2011-12-27 15:00:45 UTC
linuxdynasty [http://community.zenoss.org/people/linuxdynasty] created the discussion

"Just sharing another script with you guys, Monitoring HTTP Codes.."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63438#63438

We needed a way to get the amount of HTTP Status Codes that are happening every second from our Nginx and Ruby On Rails applications. So I wrote a python script that will run in CRON and the stats will be exported using snmpd. Example of the output
*Nginx Codes OK|count200=181 count400=1 count404=0 count500=0 count503=0 count504=0″ |*

If you guys need something like this, I have it here http://linuxdynasty.org/402/monitor-http-status-codes-zenoss-snmp/ http://linuxdynasty.org/402/monitor-http-status-codes-zenoss-snmp/