FileSystem information from other souce
Robert White
2012-10-17 09:44:37 UTC
Robert White [http://community.zenoss.org/people/APSU_RW] created the discussion

"FileSystem information from other souce"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69276#69276

Some systems that I monitor send their system stats, such as file systems via text.
I have a program that parses the information and creates an alert based on set thresholds using zensendalert. However I'm looking to see if it would be possible to send the information straight into zenoss and then using zenoss inbuilt thresholds for alerts. It would also be useful to have the growth charts that come with zenoss.

The program listens on a socket server so it would be good to be able to insert directly from the program.

I was wondering what the best/easiest way of doing this would be.

I've had a look and the only way I can think of doing this sofar is by having to output the information to file and then having to create a nagios plugin to parse the info for a monitor template?

Thanks in advance,

2012-10-17 13:13:03 UTC

"Re: FileSystem information from other souce"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69298#69298

Best and easiest are two different things likely. Your idea is probably the easiest, but has a performance hit. If you really want to dive into things, you could look at coding a custom daemon to accept the data.