Switch showing down in "Status/Ping" but not dropping any pings from DOS
William Garr
2012-09-10 15:29:49 UTC
William Garr [http://community.zenoss.org/people/BigWillTX] created the discussion

"Switch showing down in "Status/Ping" but not dropping any pings from DOS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68471#68471

I have a swicth that is routinely showing a red on a Status/Ping monitor, but I have set up a continuous ping in a DOS box and it is not dropping any pings.  I have even set up my continuous ping in DOS to have a packet size of 24000 and am not dropping.

Any ideas why Zenoss would show down?

nilie
2012-09-10 16:44:12 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Switch showing down in "Status/Ping" but not dropping any pings from DOS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68472#68472

Just to help me better understand this, are you doing the ping from the Zenoss server or from a different machine ?

William Garr
2012-09-10 16:47:25 UTC
William Garr [http://community.zenoss.org/people/BigWillTX] created the discussion

"Re: Switch showing down in "Status/Ping" but not dropping any pings from DOS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68473#68473

Actually from a differenty machine, but actuall farther down stream.  Good thought though.  I will run one from the actual Zenoss Server.