HELP! Not collecting logs!
Ben Whetter
2013-10-31 14:25:35 UTC
Ben Whetter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bentenens] created the discussion

"HELP! Not collecting logs!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75137#75137

I was doing some tidying up of the Windows logs, and now Zenoss is not collecting any logs at all!

So I selected the events, Clicked the tick to acnowledge, and the clicked the X to dget rid of them. But now new events are not coming in. I have definately made some noob error, but I can't see what. Any help appreciated!

Ben

Ben Whetter
2013-10-31 14:48:07 UTC
Ben Whetter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bentenens] created the discussion

"Re: HELP! Not collecting logs!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75138#75138

OK, don't panic! Logs are back. Isn't that always the way, you post the problem in desperation, then manage to fix it! So I had restarted Zenoss and a few other things, but what seemed to work was restarting the zeneventd service on it's own. Why the restart did not do the same job, I don't know, but the logs are filling up now.