Create a new Event after certain N count
Gowrish SS
2013-04-15 05:10:55 UTC
Gowrish SS [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gowrish.ec] created the discussion

"Create a new Event after certain N count"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72836#72836

Hi All,

Could you please help me in acheveing this, for example when an event count increases to say 5 and the issue is still not cleared then that event has to ve cleared and new event has to be displayed un UI.

I am using zencommand to run a commands over ssh remotely and using exit 1 to send eventa nd exit 0 to send clear alert, is there any way to achive this other than above approcah.

Please help.

regards

vitaly_il
2013-04-15 08:23:39 UTC
vitaly_il [http://community.zenoss.org/people/vitaly_il] created the discussion

"Re: Create a new Event after certain N count"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72826#72826

I guess it may be done, but I'd like to suggest another, easier solution - you can escalate evenet priority by using "escalate count".
I.e. you can escalate event severity after 5 events.