Zenoss 3.2.1 Collectors Not Updating
Lee Brumbaugh
2013-01-02 20:39:18 UTC
Lee Brumbaugh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lbrumbaugh] created the discussion

"Zenoss 3.2.1 Collectors Not Updating"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70781#70781

Hello all,

I'm having a difficult time getting Collectors working in 3.2.1.  Technicially they actually work as in I can get them created, assign devices to them, and view stats on them.  What's not working is when I try to delete the collector from the hub, or do an Update Collector say to push new zenpacks.  In both those cases the circle just sits there and spins.  I let it go up to 10 minutes with no result. At one point I thought it was some zenpacks that were screwing it up, but I have since rebuilt the zenoss master and collector in the lab with the same results.
We have a valid zenoss license so I have zenoss core zenpacks installed along with the zenoss enterprise zenpacks and used the passwordless ssh to create the collector successfully.  I have all the ports up correctly, and have tried it without a firewall just to see if that'd help any and it hasn't.  At this point I have to believe either I've missed something in the install or there's something wrong with 3.2.1.  Also at this point we don't want to move to 4.x, hence why I'm testing out the latest 3.x stream.  Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2013-01-02 21:34:54 UTC

"Re: Zenoss 3.2.1 Collectors Not Updating"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70783#70783

Why not update to 4? It seems like 4 is the place to be IMO - 3.2.1 had a lot of bugs. If you have Enterprise, and you used the Enterprise collector setup, I'd contact support - most community members use Egor's or some community method for collectors, which is different from the Enterprise version...

Lee Brumbaugh
2013-01-02 22:26:25 UTC
Lee Brumbaugh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lbrumbaugh] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 3.2.1 Collectors Not Updating"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70774#70774

I believe we aren't going to 4.x because it's only 64bit. That's a whole other issue but doesn't really relate to the problem.  Unless there's a 32 bit version of 4.x?