zenping - nmap did not execute correctly
mrjoel
2013-11-01 19:00:56 UTC
mrjoel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mrjoel] created the discussion

"zenping - nmap did not execute correctly"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75152#75152

I am running 4.2.4 and needed to change the system uid and gid of the zenoss user since there was a conflict.  After changing the uid/gid and chown/chgrp all of the files (that I could find) I'm now seeing this in the event:

Zenping:

nmap did not execute correctly: ('-iL', '/tmp/zenping_nmap_LzcaQr', '-sn', '-PE', '-n', '--privileged', '--send-ip', '--initial-rtt-timeout', '1.5s', '--min-rtt-timeout', '1.5s', '--traceroute', '-oX', '-')

Any idea on how to get this corrected?

thanks

hydruid
2013-11-02 11:29:12 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: zenping - nmap did not execute correctly"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75166#75166

Try these commands:

chown -c root:zenoss /opt/zenoss/bin/pyraw
chown -c root:zenoss /opt/zenoss/bin/zensocket
chown -c root:zenoss /opt/zenoss/bin/nmap
chmod -c 04750 /opt/zenoss/bin/pyraw
chmod -c 04750 /opt/zenoss/bin/zensocket
chmod -c 04750 /opt/zenoss/bin/nmap

mrjoel
2013-11-02 13:03:45 UTC
mrjoel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mrjoel] created the discussion

"Re: zenping - nmap did not execute correctly"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75155#75155

That did it.  Pretty impressed.  Thanks.

hydruid
2013-11-02 14:25:09 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: zenping - nmap did not execute correctly"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75168#75168

You are welcome, glad it worked!!