Correct name for process to monitor on Windows
Matthew Kitchin (public)
2013-06-29 00:25:46 UTC
Matthew Kitchin (public) [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mkitchin] created the discussion

"Correct name for process to monitor on Windows"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73787#73787

I have a process I need to monitor on a 2008 server. I know I'm doing it correctly in general, because I set up a test monitor for cmd.exe and that worked. I need to monitor is "EMR Docproc.exe" I tried using an online reg expression builder, and I couldn't get that to work. I assume is the space that is throwing things off. I tried copying the built in http monitor and putt Docproc in instead of http, but that didn't work. I think if I just had the correct sting of text to identify this process, I would be in business.

dpetzel
2013-06-29 00:51:08 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Correct name for process to monitor on Windows"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73788#73788

"(?i)EMR\sDocproc\.exe"
This will do a match that will:
* Ignore case
* Insist on a space between EMR and Docproc

Matthew Kitchin (public)
2013-06-29 01:06:12 UTC
Matthew Kitchin (public) [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mkitchin] created the discussion

"Re: Correct name for process to monitor on Windows"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73789#73789

Nailed it! Perfect! Thank you!