zeneventserver wont start - sometimes
Dan Belkie
2012-08-24 16:07:51 UTC
Dan Belkie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dbelkie] created the discussion

"zeneventserver wont start - sometimes"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68137#68137

Hi everyone!

Brand new to Zenoss. I come from a Nagios world... so this is not ALL new to me.... be please be kind :)

I have just finsihed my install of: zenoss-4.2.0.el6.x86_64.rpm

When I am in my GUI "SOMETIMES" when I click on anything in the Nav bar.. for example "Events" it tells me that "Connection Refused check zenevenserver status on Deamons"

So..... i checked it oue and yes it is stopped.... as is: zenperfsnmp, zencommand, zenprocess. I tried to start zenevenserver and it just spins..... so I tried to do it via the CLI...... still no luck..... all the log says is:

2012-08-24T12:04:22.404 [AmqpConnectionManager] INFO  org.zenoss.amqp.AmqpConnectionManager - Attempting to connect to message broker at amqp://***@localhost:5672/zenoss
2012-08-24T12:04:22.882 [AmqpConnectionManager] INFO  org.zenoss.amqp.AmqpConnectionManager - Connected to message broker at amqp://***@localhost:5672/zenoss

However sometimes things are fine.....

Any ideas?