New User Creation Error
Ed Reber
2013-09-17 19:26:40 UTC
Ed Reber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sekreber] created the discussion

"New User Creation Error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74688#74688

We have a new install of Zenoss 4.3.4. When I try to create a new user in the GUI, I get the following error message:

*Type: <class 'socket.error'>*
*Value: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer*
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 134, in publish transactions_manager.commit() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Zope2/App/startup.py", line 301, in commit transaction.commit() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/transaction/_manager.py", line 89, in commit return self.get().commit() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/transaction/_transaction.py", line 327, in commit self._callBeforeCommitHooks() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/transaction/_transaction.py", line 397, in _callBeforeCommitHooks hook(*args, **kws) File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenMessaging/queuemessaging/publisher.py", line 269, in beforeCompletionHook dataManager = AmqpDataManager(self._queuePublisher.channel, tx._manager) File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenMessaging/queuemessaging/publisher.py", line 429, in channel return self._client.getChannel() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/zenoss/protocols/amqp.py", line 90, in getChannel ssl=self._connectionInfo.usessl) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/zenoss/protocols/amqp.py", line 47, in __init__ super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/amqplib/client_0_8/connection.py", line 144, in __init__ (10, 30), # tune File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/amqplib/client_0_8/abstract_channel.py", line 95, in wait self.channel_id, allowed_methods) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/amqplib/client_0_8/connection.py", line 202, in _wait_method self.method_reader.read_method() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/amqplib/client_0_8/method_framing.py", line 221, in read_method raise m error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
Also, when I try to add a server to monitor, the process just runs and never adds the server. I finally have to stop it after it runs for 23 hours straight.

Thank you for your help.

Ed

Ed Reber
2013-09-17 20:48:04 UTC
Ed Reber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sekreber] created the discussion

"Re: New User Creation Error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74691#74691

My apologies, the version is 4.2.4 not 4.3.4.

hydruid
2013-09-18 18:03:46 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: New User Creation Error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74699#74699

It looks like the install might not have been successful. Check to see if
all the Zenoss daemons are running!

Ed Reber
2013-09-18 19:30:11 UTC
Ed Reber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sekreber] created the discussion