Multigraph reports question
Arend van der Boom
2012-01-08 12:35:32 UTC
Arend van der Boom [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Moob] created the discussion

"Multigraph reports question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63601#63601

I am trying to get multigraph reports working in Zenoss 3.2.0 but I run into some strange things. I already searched through the forums and worked my way through the admin guide, tutorials etc but to no avail. So, maybe some off you can put me in the right direction.

For testing purpose I am creating graphs of the networkcards, througput etc...

When I create a multigraph report with an collection of single systems, eg Specific Device/Component and use a Graph definition with the datapoints ifInOctets_ifInOctets and ifOutOctets_ifOutOctets the multigraph report works. It shows me the traffic of the networkcards of the systems in question, no problem there.But when I want to use a Group collection instead off single systems the report is created but without any value in them. I would expect that by only changing the datacollection and nothing more the same report should be genereated, or am I wrong there ?

Regards
Moob

dpetzel
2012-01-08 15:56:55 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Multigraph reports question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63612#63612

Are your running multiple collectors by any chance? If so are the devices in this group spread across more than one collectors?
http://community.zenoss.org/message/48829#48829 http://community.zenoss.org/message/48829#48829

Arend van der Boom
2012-01-08 16:59:36 UTC
Arend van der Boom [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Moob] created the discussion

"Re: Multigraph reports question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63603#63603

Hi dpetzel,

No, all my systems are monitored from one collector only.

Regards
Moob

dpetzel
2012-01-08 17:31:08 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Multigraph reports question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63613#63613

OK, I think I misread your question anyway. So switching the collection from "Specific Component" to "Group" (IMO) is non-intuative. As I understand it when you select the component it knows the full path to the RRD however when you switch to a group and then add your datapoint it seems as though Zenoss assumes the RRD is in the root folder of the Device (Again a bit of speculation on my part).

If you are graphing a standard interface name (ie. "eth0") then this should do the trick: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62614#62614 http://community.zenoss.org/message/62614#62614

If you have varying names of interfaces, I'm not sure how that would be accomplished

Arend van der Boom
2012-01-08 19:40:05 UTC
Arend van der Boom [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Moob] created the discussion

"Re: Multigraph reports question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63604#63604

Hi dpetzel,

I assumed that zenoss would figure out how to display the report as I entered the ifOutOctets_ifOutOctets as the datapoint I want to see despite choosing a group insteadof a Specific component. A wrong assumtion from my part.

I already tried the following within a custom graph definition. Although I use the fixed interface name I assume that atleast one datapoint should be visible in the report. The systems selected in my Group Collection al have the same interface name. LS the space does seem to be the problem as I already quoted them with single and double quotes also.

DEF:In-raw=/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/perf/Devices/${here/id}/os/interfaces/Citrix\ PV\ Ethernet\ Adapter/ifInOctets_ifInOctets.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
DEF:In-raw-max=/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/perf/Devices/${here/id}/os/interfaces/Citrix\ PV\ Ethernet\ Adapter/ifInOctets_ifInOctets.rrd:ds0:MAX
CDEF:In-rpn=In-raw,8,*
CDEF:In-rpn-max=In-raw-max,8,*
CDEF:In=In-rpn
LINE1:In-rpn#00cc00ff:Inbound

When I check the fysical file location on the system the rrd file is there. Not sure about the custom graph definition though, still have to figure out how they work etc.

I will try to find the dpName field and see if the also works for me. Thanks for your help so far.

Regards
Moob