Can't get nortifications working
zirkelad
2013-10-01 15:35:15 UTC
zirkelad [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zirkelad] created the discussion

"Can't get nortifications working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74795#74795

Hello,

This is on the Zenoss 4.2.4-1897 VM.  I set up a trigger and notification according to this page: http://wiki.zenoss.org/Notify_Me_of_Important_Events http://wiki.zenoss.org/Notify_Me_of_Important_Events  My Trigger looks exactly like the screenshot.  My Notification has trigger listed, and my user is in the subscribers pane.  I tested email from the user mangement area.  The email sever is remote and requires a login, which all worked in hte test.

I made a critical even occur and the event shows up in the events pane but I don't get an alert.  Can someone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
Andy.

hydruid
2013-10-01 15:39:30 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Can't get nortifications working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74796#74796

Can you provide screenshots of the trigger and notification?....don't
forget to block out any sensitive data!

zirkelad
2013-10-01 17:18:39 UTC
zirkelad [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zirkelad] created the discussion

"Re: Can't get nortifications working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74797#74797

Thanks for the quick reply.  I tried sending a test email again and it failed and I saw an error about resolving the mail server name.  DNS wasn't set up correctly.  I added my name servers to /etc/resolv.conf and everything is working now.  Sorry for wasting your time!

Andy.

hydruid
2013-10-01 18:49:42 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion