No graph
sanane enenand
2012-04-30 15:46:52 UTC
sanane enenand [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ebeng] created the discussion

"No graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66147#66147

i got stuck already for 2 days now,

first fping didnt work, it showed no graph at all....

now the devices wont show any graph at all under the interfaces etc.

I tried to delete the /zenoss/perf/daemons/localhost with the RRD, i resulted to give the interfaces and network routes of some devices, but gut stuck with no graph and when i have a graph it says 'nan'

i'm have added Juniper zenpack to get some MIB for performance etc, but it will not fetch anything...

What to do guys?

jcurry
2012-04-30 17:55:09 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: No graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66162#66162

You really didn't want to delete stuff under /zenoss/perf/daemons/localhost - that is where zenoss collects performance about his own daemons - not about the performance of the other boxes that you are monitoring.

General performance info should be under $ZENHOME/perf/Devices.  There is a directory for each box.  Box-level data is directly under the device name directory.  Stuff like the basic interface info is then under the os/interfaces subdirectory.  Check a few boxes and see if you have files there for the interfaces that a box has.

Not seeing graphs at all is a bit unusual.  Have you done something like copy and rename the ethernetCsmacd or ethernetCsmacd_64 template???  These templates for COMPONENTS must not be renamed as they are bound to the type of object that they are collecting for - and that is hardcoded into Zenoss - you don't want to change it.

The fact that you are seeing the interfaces at all, and the Juniper components, suggests that your SNMP authentication is fine but I would just test this.  Navigate to a device's main page as you show here and use the Commands button at the bootm o0f the lefthand menu to run an snmpwalk.  That will confirm that your SNMPcommunications are OK.

Also, when checking under $ZENHOME/perf/Devices, make sure that all the files are owned by zenoss, group zenoss.  ALWAYS do EVERTHING as the zenoss user - unless it is a new installation.

Cheers,
Jane

sanane enenand
2012-05-03 10:27:58 UTC
sanane enenand [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ebeng] created the discussion

"Re: No graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66190#66190

Thanks for your reply!

What do you mean with:
Also, when checking under $ZENHOME/perf/Devices, make sure that all the  files are owned by zenoss, group zenoss.  ALWAYS do EVERTHING as the  zenoss user - unless it is a new installation.

i get to see this a lot in this forum.

i once did try to do su zenoss, for add some mibs for juniper devices, but other than that, i use only the GUI for doing the stuff. Do you get my point :D ?

-------

Those ethernet components and templates, i did not get my hands on, so that is not the problem at all i think.

------

i did also do snmpwalk via the command, it just give me info back... even the standard template for systemTimeUp gave me the time ticks back... it should have been a great pleasure if i could make a availability report with this :( i'am curious how the numbers are generated in the report for Availability....?

But one thing i have to say is my great thanks to work with Zenoss, comparing with other monitoring software. Keep up the good work!! :D

sanane enenand
2012-05-03 11:20:20 UTC
sanane enenand [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ebeng] created the discussion

"Re: No graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66207#66207

Update:

I just installed a new copy of the ubuntu 12.04, much faster compared with 11.04, even the zenoss GUI.

after i installed zenoss, i added also the juniper zenpack you made, v1.2

i first want to make the ex2200-c work with zenoss, like the cpu etc it works :) i see some graphs so we are going to the good direction with a fresh install.

btw: the snmpd.conf file i configured looks like this:

## sec.name source community
com2sec notConfigUser default public

## groupName securityModel securityName
group notConfigGroup v1 notConfigUser
group notConfigGroup v2c notConfigUser

## Make at least snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -c public system fast again.
## name incl/excl subtree mask(optional)
view systemview included .1

## group context sec.model sec.level prefix read write notif
access notConfigGroup "" any noauth exact systemview none none

-----------------------

is this enough ?

sanane enenand
2012-05-03 11:41:37 UTC
sanane enenand [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ebeng] created the discussion

"Re: No graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66208#66208

When i bind a template, example for FPC, from the juniper zenpack, i got this :

2012-05-03 13:31:27,926 WARNING zen.zenperfsnmp: Error reading value for "Cpu" on 192.168.1.211 (oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.2636.3.1.13.1.8 is bad)
2012-05-03 13:31:27,927 WARNING zen.zenperfsnmp: Error reading value for "Temp" on 192.168.1.211 (oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.2636.3.1.13.1.7 is bad)
2012-05-03 13:31:27,927 WARNING zen.zenperfsnmp: Error reading value for "Memory" on 192.168.1.211 (oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.2636.3.1.13.1.15 is bad)

BUT: when i look in the components i got a nice graph for FPC for the CPU and memmory, ( temp is still 0 )

jcurry
2012-05-03 16:09:13 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: No graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66197#66197

Most of the templates in the Juniper ZenPack are COMPONENT templates - like for MICs, PICs, FPCs, Routing Engines,....  The items that are indented under the Component heading in the left-hand menu when you look at the detail of a device.

The rule about COMPONENT templates is that you (as a human user) should NOT bind those templates.  It happens automatically.  The only templates that a human user should bind are those that run at the device level - things like sysUpTime.  If you have managed to bind the FPC template to the device then you need to unbind it again.  As you have observed, it is actually working.

Having said that, my experience is that not all Juniper routers have support on all components for things like temperature - that is probably why you are getting zero values.

Cheers,
Jane