Monitor IP Services in a Server with differents ip addresses per interfaces.
aletatone
2013-10-02 13:23:07 UTC
aletatone [http://community.zenoss.org/people/aletatone] created the discussion

"Monitor IP Services in a Server with differents ip addresses per interfaces."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74818#74818

I have a little problem, I try to explain so maybe someone of you could help me.

I have a linux server with 2 different eth interfaces with 2 different IP Address.
For instance eth0 10.1.1.1 and eth1 172.16.1.1.

I discovered the device using the ip address using ip address of eth0, after discovering and modelling
device, zenoss found out also the second interface eth1 and his ip address.

What I want to do now is to monitor different IP Services in the two interfaces, for example
I would like to monitor telnet and ssh ip services on eth0 and snmp and http on eth1.

Is it possible to do it?

Thanks
Ale

hydruid
2013-10-03 16:48:34 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Monitor IP Services in a Server with differents ip addresses per interfaces."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74829#74829

Take a look at this thread: http://community.zenoss.org/thread/14847 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/14847