Graphing breaks entirely too often
Jared Ready
2013-10-01 20:44:31 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Graphing breaks entirely too often"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74801#74801

We've been running 4.2.4 for roughly 5 months. It's running on a RHEL6 VM sitting in a vSphere cluster. It has 16GB memory and 8 cores assigned to it. We monitor ~650 devices.

As the title says, our graphing just dies out on us all the time. Easily half a dozen times since the upgrade I have come into work to see graphs have stopped at some point. Usually it just takes a reboot of zenperfsnmp, sometimes a full zenoss restart. Today when I came in I noticed it was down again. This time it lines up with when I ran zenup yesterday at noon (revision 71). I have been unsuccessful in getting graphs to be fully functional this time. Some are working, some aren't and there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to what is and what isn't. Digging through logs has yieled zero useful information.

Any assistance to figuring out why our graphs just stop working would be great. We now have several pretty large holes in our graphs, which is annoying since we use that to monitor growth in utilization.

Thanks

linkslice
2013-11-25 20:54:02 UTC
linkslice [http://community.zenoss.org/people/linkslice] created the discussion

"Re: Graphing breaks entirely too often"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75344#75344

check the zenperfsnmp logs.  Maybe flip it into debug mode if nothing stands out there.