Device/http vs. sysadmin wiki procedure
frederic poirier
2012-03-02 19:30:26 UTC
frederic poirier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/EnderWiggins] created the discussion

"Device/http vs. sysadmin wiki procedure"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64914#64914

Guys,

I have not had the same success with device class http and the procedure at http://www.sysadminwiki.net/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Setup_HTTP_Monitoring_with_the_HttpMonitor_ZenPack. http://www.sysadminwiki.net/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Setup_HTTP_Monitoring_with_the_HttpMonitor_ZenPack.

The manual procedure works fine, am i misusing the http device class ? Should i be able to set it up to deliver the same results as device class http ?

dpetzel
2012-03-03 01:36:37 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Device/http vs. sysadmin wiki procedure"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64921#64921

I'm sorry, Im not entirely sure I understand your question. Your asking if your misusing something which is a fair question, but its really hard to answer without details or context. You've linked to a document which has quite a number of steps. I've not used it in the past, but at first glance it seems reasonable. So maybe if you could provide a little more detail around what is working and not working, as well as perhaps where your results are differing from the article we might be able to provide a little more details.