ZenJMX - Not generating graphs -[zenjmxjavaport vs jmxremoteport]]
jmp242
2012-10-30 12:06:09 UTC

"Re: ZenJMX - Not generating graphs -[zenjmxjavaport vs jmxremoteport]]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69593#69593

I can't find that zenpack on the new zenpack listing - are you sure it's the right one for v4? -py2.6 is usually for Zenoss v3.x... -py2.7 is generally for v4... Maybe get a newer download?

I did find a listing for this zenpack:
http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenPack:Java_App_/_JMX http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenPack:Java_App_/_JMX
for JMX, but it looks to be totally different...

tarun
2012-10-30 13:11:54 UTC
tarun [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tarun] created the discussion

"Re: ZenJMX - Not generating graphs -[zenjmxjavaport vs jmxremoteport]]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69610#69610

Dear James,
Thanks for the reply.

I saw that zenpack. Can you help me how to install this zenpack from the
source ?
Thanks
Tarun

2012-10-30 13:20:11 UTC

"Re: ZenJMX - Not generating graphs -[zenjmxjavaport vs jmxremoteport]]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69595#69595

Hmm, no generated egg? It's supposed to do that I thought. You should be able to download the folder and use zenpack --install --link downloaddir

tarun
2012-10-30 13:26:18 UTC
tarun [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tarun] created the discussion

"Re: ZenJMX - Not generating graphs -[zenjmxjavaport vs jmxremoteport]]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69611#69611

No there is no generated egg  :(   .. so i dont know how to install the zenpack.. as after downloading , it create a folder with xxxx.egg name and python scripts under it..

Also Yes i use Zenoss v4 also is there is no zenpack for jmx with py2.7 ? I have to monitor jmx values any ideas how i can do that on Zenoss v4 ?

your help is much appreciated.

-Tarun

dpetzel
2012-10-30 13:34:39 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: ZenJMX - Not generating graphs -[zenjmxjavaport vs jmxremoteport]]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69626#69626

http://community.zenoss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3396-10-3491/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX-3.5.3-py2.6.egg.zip ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX is one of the Zenoss produced zenpacks that comes as part of the core zenpack bundle ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenpacks-4.2/zenpacks-4.2.0/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenpacks-4.2/zenpacks-4.2.0/)

You can install the entire core bundle, or if you really only want this single zenpack, have a look at http://zenpacks.zenoss.com/pypi/None/4.2.0/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX/3.8.0/ http://zenpacks.zenoss.com/pypi/None/4.2.0/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX/3.8.0/

tarun
2012-10-31 06:36:49 UTC
tarun [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tarun] created the discussion

"Re: ZenJMX - Not generating graphs -[zenjmxjavaport vs jmxremoteport]]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69641#69641

James
Thanks the new Zenpack seems to work.. Is there a way we can put this zenpack in the actual zenpack list ?
So that, who ever uses it finds it there.

Thanks
-Tarun