perl: no user 503
Adam Roth
2011-11-15 23:48:46 UTC
Adam Roth [http://community.zenoss.org/people/aroth] created the discussion

"Re: perl: no user 503"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62643#62643

I too registered so that I could reply to this post (although in the time it took my account to be approved I nearly forgot all about it).  The solution that I found to this issue was:

1.  Install MacPorts
2.  Run "sudo port install perl5" in a terminal window.
3.  Use "perl5" instead of "perl" for running my task (or alternately, overwrite '/opt/local/bin/perl' with '/opt/local/bin/perl5' ).

The problem is entirely isolated to the version of perl that Apple bundles with the server.  Replace it with the standard OSS version, and problem solved.