First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty
nilie
2013-06-03 14:39:27 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73446#73446

1. Verify if "SNMP Location" and "SNMP Contact" have been configured correctly into your Juniper device, they are parameters of standard SNMP communication
2. For the device title, try renaming de device. You have censured the overview screenshot and I can not see what is displayed as title so I will assume it is the device IP address and you want its name.
3. When you have empty graphs for those parameters, first thing would be to check the SNMP OID you are using in the device template. The ones used by the template that comes with the Zenpack might not be the same as those used by the SNMP agent of the device.

barone_nero
2013-06-06 11:40:08 UTC
barone_nero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/barone_nero] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73508#73508

Hi Nilie,

thanks for your answer ;)

1. I have solved the problem about 'SNMP Location' and 'SNMP Contact'.  I forgot set up this attributes in the SNMP section of my device.

2. I have solved this problem too. It is necessary add the device, wait the end of the job and after model the device. My error was model the device before the end of the job (job --> the job that starts automatically when I add a device).

3. The graphs are still empty. I have noted that the graphs about CPU usage, Temp and memory are in the section Components --> FPCs. I have attached a screenshot about this.

nilie
2013-06-06 14:37:35 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73514#73514

I am a little bit confused. You are saying the graphs are empty and still your screenshot shows values are actually being displayed.
Anyway, if you go to the device page (pick one that has missing graphs) and click on Events link in the left panel, do you see any errors ? Especially look for those events having a severity of "Debug" (grey circle with something like a snowflake inside).
As for the fact that CPU, Temperature and Memory are being displayed as components this is how the Juniper Zenpack is working, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

barone_nero
2013-06-06 14:58:16 UTC
barone_nero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/barone_nero] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73526#73526

I am sorry if I don't make clear.

The graphs in 'Graphs' section (in the left sidebar) are empty but I have others graphs that show value in the section 'FPCs' (sub-section of 'Components').

Photon
2013-06-07 14:48:48 UTC
Photon [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Photon] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73538#73538

Hello,

Maybe you can try testing the datasources that are used to collect SNMP metrics. You can do so by choosing a monitoring template (lower left corner), then double clicking on a datasource. A popup should a appear. Hit the Test button. It should be useful for debugging. snmpwalk is also useful for testing.

Good luck

jcurry
2013-06-10 19:55:49 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73575#73575

All thosr Juniper templates are COMPONENT templates.  That means that you should not bind then to a device; they will AUTOMATICALLY bind to the matching component(s).  If you see those Juniper templates at the bottom of the left-hand menu when examing a device or device class, then please unbind them.

Where you should see these templates referenced is when you have the detailed page for a Juniper device open - select a component like JuniperRoutingEngine and then use the dDisplay dropdown in the middle of the main panel to change to Template.  it should show the component template that is automatically bound.

Cheers,
Jane

barone_nero
2013-06-13 14:20:04 UTC
barone_nero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/barone_nero] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73598#73598

Hi jcurry,

thanks very much. I have understood now ;)

I have a last problem now: I need to view the MAC Addresses of remote clients that are connected to the swirìtch's interfaces. Can you help me, please?

Thanks very much.

hydruid
2013-06-13 21:10:58 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73618#73618

Barone_Nero,

Please define "remote clients that are connected to the switches' interfaces"...

MAC Addresses are only passed in a LAN, not over the WAN.

If you are wanting the ARP Table of the switches, you can add that in a custom SNMP OID

Hydruid

barone_nero
2013-07-09 12:08:16 UTC
barone_nero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/barone_nero] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73864#73864

Hi http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid hydruid,

sorry for my delay to your post.

Remote clients = PCs that are direct connected to the switch by LAN.

I'd like to view the same result of the command: "show dhcp snooping binding"
I view the MAC Address of all PCs direct connected to every port by this command.
For example:

MAC Address(of PC)     IP Address(of PC)     Interface(of the switch)

barone_nero
2013-10-18 12:21:25 UTC
barone_nero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/barone_nero] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74980#74980

sorry but I understood I had an error in my explain.

I'd like to view the outpu of the command "show ethernet-switching table".

Can you help me? It's very important for me ...

Thanks very much

hydruid
2013-10-18 17:51:29 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74998#74998

Take a look at this Juniper link:
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17667&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1257763366132&smlogin=true http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17667&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1257763366132&smlogin=true

Juniper logon required ;)

barone_nero
2013-10-21 09:57:48 UTC
barone_nero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/barone_nero] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75013#75013

Hi hydruid,

thanks for your fast reply.

I read the post of Juniper's forum but I have two problems:

- I don't know how to add a new snmp query on Zenoss;

- the MacAddresses, that i would like view, are not on default vlan. So, I tested "show snmp mib walk dot1qTpFdbTable " command on my switch but the result is not understable for me (number as 698, 627, etc etc ...).

Have you an idea?

Thanks very much

hydruid
2013-10-21 15:37:19 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75009#75009

That link gives you some examples, but you need to research to find the
exact SNMP OID to poll the data you want. Here is another link that might
help,
http://serverfault.com/questions/441072/how-do-i-poll-the-arp-table-with-an-snmp-oid http://serverfault.com/questions/441072/how-do-i-poll-the-arp-table-with-an-snmp-oid.

I would recommend creating a custom monitoring template and then adding the
SNMP variables there. /Device/Server/Linux is a good SNMP example to go by!
You can get to that menu from Advanced -> Monitoring Templates.

Hydruid

barone_nero
2013-10-22 08:48:55 UTC
barone_nero [http://community.zenoss.org/people/barone_nero] created the discussion

"Re: First steps with Zenoss and first problems - Graphs empty"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75021#75021

Hi hydruid,

thanks very much for your replies.

I try to do it like you say. I will say you some news about that.

Regards.