Set Up initial Users webpage dialog hangs
Andreas Schneider
2013-01-16 11:05:25 UTC
Andreas Schneider [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Decent99] created the discussion

"Set Up initial Users webpage dialog hangs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71027#71027

I "installed" the latest virtual appliance of Zenoss (Zenoss Core 4.2.3 on Centos 5.4)
Almost everything went smooth during the install and setup but when I open the webinterface ( http://<ip-address>:8080 http://<ip-address>:8080) and fill out the initial user things, nothing happens after hitting the "Next" button.
I rebooted the machine twice, but nothing changed. I'm not able to fulfill the initial dialog.
I'm able to open the dashboard etc directly ( http://%3cip-address:8080/zport/dmd/dashboard http://<ip-address:8080/zport/dmd/dashboard or 'editSettings'), but when I try to add a user ist fails. So everytime I open http:// http://<ip-address:8080> it brings me to the initial dialog...
I don't changed much on the system, just ip-address, hostname, proxy-settings for yum, timezone, keyboard, ntp-server, resolve.conf, just basic things for the OS...

Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards !

Andreas Schneider
2013-01-16 13:41:51 UTC
Andreas Schneider [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Decent99] created the discussion

"Re: Set Up initial Users webpage dialog hangs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71030#71030

I think I solved it.
to change the hostname ist not a good idea - it seems that it breaks the rabbitmq stuff
recreating some things in rabbitmq seems to solve the issue -> the initial dialog works now.

This is what I did:
rabbitmqctl add_vhost /zenoss
rabbitmqctl add_user zenoss zenoss
rabbitmqctl set_permissions -p / zenoss ".*" ".*" ".*"
rabbitmqctl set_permissions -p /zenoss zenoss ".*" ".*" ".*"
rabbitmqctl set_user_tags zenoss Administrator

kind regards!