ODBC Data Point Not Displaying Correctly on Graph
David Levins
2012-02-09 17:22:19 UTC
David Levins [http://community.zenoss.org/people/levinsd] created the discussion

"ODBC Data Point Not Displaying Correctly on Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64417#64417

I've run into an issue when using the ODBC zenpack that I haven't been able to figure out or find an answer for.
I'm creating an ODBC data source with a single data point. The query that is being run is a simple select statement with a single return value. This value varies throughout the day. I then created a brand new graph and added the data point to the graph. The issue is that the graph is only displaying a value of 1.0 instead of the actual data from the data point. Does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it?

I'm currently using Zenoss 3.1.0
I'm using FreeTDS as my driver to my SQL Server database. I'm using SQL like below:

select processed_count from MY_TABLE where job_name='MyJob'
and job_id=(select MAX(job_id) from MY_TABLE where job_name='MyJob')

Each time the job runs, a new entry is created with the number of records that the job processed. This value is processed_count. I added a data point called processed_count to this data source. When I run the "test" option on the data source, it returns the correct values.

I then created a new graph and added the processed_count data point to the graph. However, the graph always shows values of 1.0, and never the actual values returned from the query.

Any help would be appreciated!

bigegor
2012-02-09 19:42:01 UTC
bigegor [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bigegor] created the discussion

"Re: ODBC Data Point Not Displaying Correctly on Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64438#64438

select processed_count *as processedcount* from MY_TABLE where job_name='MyJob'
and job_id=(select MAX(job_id) from MY_TABLE where job_name='MyJob')
and name of your datapoint to: *processedcount*

David Levins
2012-02-09 19:58:00 UTC
David Levins [http://community.zenoss.org/people/levinsd] created the discussion

"Re: ODBC Data Point Not Displaying Correctly on Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64419#64419

Excellent! That was exactly the issue. I changed the data point name and now the query is running and graphing as expected.

Thanks so much for your help!