Separate views
thlware
2011-11-04 08:55:43 UTC
thlware [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thlware] created the discussion

"Separate views"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62408#62408

Hi All

First question
I am using Zenoss 2.4.5 community. In my company we looking at separiting views on either Dashboard OR based on user profile on what object to see on Zenoss. Is this possible with Zenoss? Oooh we also busy looking an upgrade to the latest Zenoss.

Second Q

One can change the poll of the device to 3 minutes and five minutes and so on. We will like to know if Zenoss can wait for an our before it can send a notification or alert to a group or person?

Regards
Letsholo

2011-11-04 12:03:02 UTC

"Re: Separate views"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62411#62411

Zenoss Core doesn't support different view permissions for users. Enterprise does. There is a Zenpack (that isn't going to target 2.4 - really old) in development that might do some of what you want, but it's waiting on funding. See:
http://community.zenoss.org/message/61495#61495 http://community.zenoss.org/message/61495

On your second question, the polling cycles are set per collector, so you can't do it per device. If you wanted to deal with multiple collectors, you could have as many different settings as you had collectors. That said, I'd recommend against messing with collection timeframes until you read up on RRDs and reconfiguring most of Zenoss to display different incremented graphs...

Zenoss alerting rules will let you set delays by seconds or by number of deduped events before generating an alert e-mail... Events in the webUI are not affected by this however.