Zenoss not displaying critical for disk failure.
Ben Whetter
2013-10-03 12:28:39 UTC
Ben Whetter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bentenens] created the discussion

"Zenoss not displaying critical for disk failure."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74811#74811

We had a drive failure the other day, and Zenoss picked up the error, but has not flagged as critical:

The settings seem to suggest it should be categorised as critical, but the error is dispalyed as below:

Just as a warning. Can any let me know why this is happening?

Ben

dhopp
2013-10-03 20:45:46 UTC
dhopp [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dhopp] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss not displaying critical for disk failure."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74832#74832

This came in through syslog which might have had it's own severity attached to it.  Also the Event Class is /Unknown.  You probably need to setup a mapping so that this syslog event gets the right event class and make sure the severity gets set appropriate in that mapping or transform on that event class.

--Dennis