Email alerts work on VM but not physical?
joeadmin
2013-09-28 19:28:54 UTC
joeadmin [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joeadmin] created the discussion

"Email alerts work on VM but not physical?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74784#74784

I have two zenoss servers that are virtual and mail alerts work great but I have one that is on a physical box and everything appears to work well but email alerts get a errno 111 connection refused error.

all mail server settings appear identical

Any thoughts??

hydruid
2013-09-29 14:14:52 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Email alerts work on VM but not physical?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74785#74785

Same OS?

joeadmin
2013-09-29 15:15:52 UTC
joeadmin [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joeadmin] created the discussion

"Re: Email alerts work on VM but not physical?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74786#74786

Yes I am running Centos 5.8 and the two VM work great but not the physical. The physical does everything well except mail I keep getting Errno 111 connection refused.

Andrew Kirch
2013-09-29 19:49:41 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Email alerts work on VM but not physical?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74787#74787

check and make sure postfix or another MTA is running, if it is, check the advanced tab for mail settings, and set those to something valid.