Hey guys just letting you know, that I created a plugin to get aggregate data from Zenoss.
linuxdynasty
2011-12-09 18:20:02 UTC
linuxdynasty [http://community.zenoss.org/people/linuxdynasty] created the discussion

"Hey guys just letting you know, that I created a plugin to get aggregate data from Zenoss."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63172#63172

I will be turning this into a Zenpack really soo. As for now it is just a python script...

http://linuxdynasty.org/346/howto-add-aggregate-data-graphs-existing-datapoints-zenoss/ http://linuxdynasty.org/346/howto-add-aggregate-data-graphs-existing-datapoints-zenoss/

I created this so that grabbing data from multiple devices in the same class or from different classes using the same datapoint to get the aggregate results is quite simple and you can use the Zenoss reports function just by calling the new aggregate datapoint.

linuxdynasty
2011-12-09 22:17:17 UTC
linuxdynasty [http://community.zenoss.org/people/linuxdynasty] created the discussion

"Re: Hey guys just letting you know, that I created a plugin to get aggregate data from Zenoss."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63194#63194

I have another script that will list the datapoints under a template, this is useful especially if you are using Ryans Formula Data zenpack or for creating multigraph reports

Zenoss_Template_Manager.py -d "nginx-1" --list="datapoints" -t "nginx_status"|awk {'print $1'}
check_nginx_ng_active_connections
check_nginx_ng_connections
check_nginx_ng_reading
check_nginx_ng_reqpcon