Monitoring Devices Over Multiple Routes
Justin Simmons
2012-09-26 18:27:19 UTC
Justin Simmons [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jmsimmons] created the discussion

"Monitoring Devices Over Multiple Routes"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68735#68735

Hello,

I am attempt to make sure our devices are being monitored via both our MPLS network (primary to each remote site) and our VPN tunnels (backup to each remote site). Is there a way to program Zenoss to monitor all devices over multiple network routes?

nilie
2012-09-27 15:52:05 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Monitoring Devices Over Multiple Routes"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68759#68759

Hello Justin,

Usually Zenoss is monitoring a host regardless of the route it takes to reach that host, it is your routing infrastructure that will take care of that and there is nothing special you have to do in Zenoss. Now if you want to monitor the availability of primary and backup links you will have to monitor something that is speciffic to each link like for instance the reachability of a router interface or a VPN peer, the status of a VPN tunnel in the configuration of your VPN device etc.

Hoping this will help you