Alert Count Stops Incrementing
istoptofly
2013-08-12 19:22:50 UTC
istoptofly [http://community.zenoss.org/people/istoptofly] created the discussion

"Alert Count Stops Incrementing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74335#74335

Has anyone run across this before?  The device is still down but Zenoss quits incrementing the Last Seen and Count columns in the Event Console.  This  happens around 2 AM and seems to only affect ping-down alerts. I restart zenping and it gets going for about 10 minutes then stops again.  If I clear the alerts and restart zenping, it will start tracking the now-new down devices normaly.   While this is happening, other ping-down alerts that are from the same day continue to track correctly.

Watching the zenping log file, there aren't any entries for the devices that are being missed.  After restarting zenping and watching the logs, those devices that were missing start getting pinged again but, after about 10 minutes or so, it stops again.  So the question is, how does Zenoss "forget" about these devices?

Thanks,

John