Memory usages slowly increasing to maximum
Shane Scott
2012-02-09 08:48:07 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Memory usages slowly increasing to maximum"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64406#64406

Twan:

This mostly has to do with Zope caching, Mysqld caching and Linux disk caching. 4GB of RAM for a Zenoss instance isn't a whole lot, comparatively my smaller DC's Zenoss masters have 128GB of RAM. You can adjust your Zope caching by modifying the $ZENHOME/etc/zope.conf file and changing the zope object cache (# of objects to cache) as well as a zeo cache (amount of data in MB). You can adjust your mysqld caching by tweaking the my.cnf in the Zenoss directory. Be sure to tweak the my.cnf associated with the packaged version of mysql server.

Best,
--Shane

mwcotton
2012-02-10 22:13:37 UTC
mwcotton [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mwcotton] created the discussion

"Re: Memory usages slowly increasing to maximum"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64460#64460

My memory usage does go up , from my experiance a restart is required every once and awhile. With use you will learn how long you can go.