Can't access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2
bojan
2011-10-18 11:49:00 UTC
bojan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bojan] created the discussion

"Can't access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61919#61919

Hi all,

I get +UncataloguedObjectException+ error if I try to access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2 (on two different servers).

zopeCtl log file give me this:

2011-10-18T13:06:45 CRITICAL zen.Zuul Object /zport/dmd/Mibs/mibs/IF-MIB has not been catalogued. Skipping.
------
2011-10-18T13:06:45 ERROR extdirect
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/extdirect/router.py", line 128, in _processDirectRequest
    result = _targetfn(**data)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/Zuul/routers/mibs.py", line 42, in getOrganizerTree
    data = Zuul.marshal(tree)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/Zuul/__init__.py", line 98, in marshal
    return marshal(marshaller.marshal(keys), keys, marshallerName, objs)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/Zuul/marshalling.py", line 131, in marshal
    for childNode in self.root.children:
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/Zuul/tree.py", line 36, in __init__
    raise UncataloguedObjectException(ob)
UncataloguedObjectException

Is there a way to correct this?

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 02:27:41 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Can't access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61952#61952

bojan:

Information on this problem can be found here: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61254#61254#61254 http://community.zenoss.org/message/61254#61254

Best,
--Shane W. Scott (Hackman238)

bojan
2011-10-19 04:57:05 UTC
bojan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bojan] created the discussion

"Re: Can't access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61960#61960

Thanks, Shane. In fact, I have found that thread, but it didn't help me at all. I have a LOT of loaded mibs and there is no way I could rename them all.  Maybe somebody could find the solution from the clues in the log file.
IF-MIB has not been catalogued??

Regards
Bojan

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 05:04:38 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Can't access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61962#61962

bojan:

You could try rebuilding the global catalog. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a shot.

Please backup your ZODB before doing this. (Do a zeopack -h localhost -p8100 and copy the Data.fs.old somewhere safe)

As user zenoss, `python $ZENHOME/Products/ZenUtils/zencatalog.py --createcatalog --forcereindex`

Once done, restart zenoss and check if you can view the MIB page.

Thanks,

Best,
--Shane W. Scott(Hackman238)
  ZCA - http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog

bojan
2011-10-19 06:51:14 UTC
bojan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bojan] created the discussion

"Re: Can't access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61963#61963

Thanks Shane, I can access MIBs page now. I just had to replace --forcereindex with --forceindex.

Best regards
Bojan

wjimenez5271
2011-11-28 22:42:22 UTC
wjimenez5271 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wjimenez5271] created the discussion

"Re: Can't access MIBs page after upgrade to 3.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62869#62869

Yes rebuilding the index worked for me as well.