Make note to Graphs
Cristian Bichis
2012-11-21 18:43:00 UTC
Cristian Bichis [http://community.zenoss.org/people/cbichis] created the discussion

"Make note to Graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70065#70065

Hello,

I am still on evaluation stage for using Zenosss as replacement for Cacti+Nagios.

I am interested if is possible to have a system to make "notes" to graphs, similar somehow with Google Analytics annotations. On Google Analytics is possible to make annotations to graphs and this annotations are marked with a bubble/tooltip on graphs.

This sistem is very usefull when doing changes on either applications or service to have a way to mark the time when changes are made and to evaluate impact. When working with complex systems every change has an impact. Without a note system on graphs I found difficult to keep up with systems changes.

And if possible the annotations to be created/visible per one graph/server or for a group of servers aso.

There is such system on Zenoss?

Ryan Matte
2012-11-22 23:00:37 UTC
Ryan Matte [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rmatte] created the discussion

"Re: Make note to Graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70107#70107

Zenoss uses RRD just like Cacti, and RRD does not support annotations in graphs.  There is a comment field on each device where you can document changes to devices, that's about as good as it gets.