Acknowledge events on Smartphone through VPN
majeredb8
2013-02-06 20:35:48 UTC
majeredb8 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/majeredb8] created the discussion

"Acknowledge events on Smartphone through VPN"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71395#71395

Hello,

I often need to acknowledge events on my zenoss server (currently 2.5.x) when I'm away from the network. My current setup is an email based acknowledgement using Procmail. Given the decent iOS and Android based apps for monitoring and acknowledging events, I've thought about migrating to 4.2.x. However, I am unsure whether I will be able to access the VPN from a smartphone.

I was curious as to whether any of the current smartphone apps for zenoss work outside of a VPN, and if not, what methods have people used on a 3.0 or 4.2 server. Thanks in advance.